Sunday, October 13, 2013

Peace, Love, No More War!



Hi Bloggers,
I have some catching up to do for you on my blog. In Residential Design II we studied the evolution of residential design. I chose to do a survey of the culture of the 1960’s from the Post War Era 1945-1970. I chose to do my culture survey from the eyes of someone living in Manhattan, New York.
This time period in our history had many historical and social events that occurred. President John F Kennedy was assassinated, Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated, and we landed on the moon. Drugs, like LSD, first hit the streets during the 1960’s. Civil rights and women’s rights were coming to the forefront during this time period as well.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION
You have been hired as a set and style designer for an upcoming historical biopic starring Leonardo DiCaprio.  You are to research your assigned time period in American society and understand all aspects of the time period, culture, resources, social structures, clothing, and design.

This project is a two-step process consisting of research and design.  First I completed a culture survey to assist me in guiding my design decisions.  This culture survey covered the fashion of this period and the furniture styles. Once I had a firm understanding of my assigned time period then I created a digital design board.  

I decided to do a bachelor pad set design for this project. I couldn’t help but think of the movie, “Catch Me If You Can”, in which Leonardo Dicaprio starred in, that was based on the true story of the check cashing airplane pilot “kid” back in the 1960’s that also starred Tom Hanks. Great movie!

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a FABULOUS day!




No comments:

Post a Comment